|Anime||Between the Sea and the Land|
Through out the series, Kaname has sun-kissed blonde hair with the sea-blue eyes and pale skin. He is considered as a handsome young man. During part 1, he is seen in the underwater uniform. A blue and white sailor sweater with the blue tie, navy-blue jeans. While in part 2, after he wakes up, Kaname is seen in a high-collar, blue shirt with a black cardigan that has blue stripes on both arms and he wears black jeans. Other times, he can be seen in a white shirt, blue halfway unzipped jumper and normal blue jeans.
Kaname is very brave, willing to sacrifice his own well-being in order to protect the lives of innocents and those he cares for. He will not harm innocent people for his own convenience and dislikes pointless fighting. He has an open heart and thinks more about others than himself, naturally being very unselfish. He is sensitive to people's feelings and can be attentive on an individual basis. To make things well, he treats people gently or, when required, severely. He never adopts a pushy attitude, but instead is nonchalantly attentive such as when he acted towards the others. He has a strong spirit that allows him to conduct himself in an easygoing manner, not showing his weaknesses and hiding his true feelings. In addition to his intense curiosity, he takes an objective view on things. Should a question arise, he would investigate it. Kaname treasures his friends and will act purely on feelings if suspicions arose. When suspicions or ambiguities arose, he would actively investigate, even if he was in a dangerous place. He tried to see clearly the actual conditions or truth in things. He also has a great ability for understanding and an excellent memory. Kaname also has knowledge on a variety of things, all of which he understands deeply.
- Main article: Isaki Kaname/Relationships
- "I'm doing the best I can too...."
– Kaname to himself
- "Excuse me?..Do you know what day it is?"
– Kaname to thee restaurant owner
- "Hey, good morning.."
– Kaname to Hikari when he comes to see him
- "There-There. You really are a good girl."
– Kaname comforting Sayu
- "If Akari does leave to marry a surface person. She won't be allowed back. She'll be banished. The rule has been around for a very long time."
– Kaname to the others
- "Look how much you've grown. perhaps I shouldn't keep on petting you like this. We're the same age now, right? "
– Kaname to Sayu
- "Hikari, what if the sea god is mad?"
– Kaname to Hikari when they find Manaka
- "Everything's changed. Even Sayu isn't a little girl anymore...So...How are you handling everything?"
– Kaname to Hikari
- "I...I thought nobody was waiting for me...to come back....b-but I w-was in your heart?...."
– Kaname crying aftr Sayu confesses her feelings
- Kaname's main theme is called 'Fonte'
- Main article: Kaname Isaki/Image gallery